The Phantom 2 is an evolution of the Phantom. It features the same compact and highly integrated design, but comes with FPV flying and Aerial Photography support right out of the box. Hardware mountings and software tuning are all carried out prior to delivery, meaning with rotors attached, a charged battery and transmitter batteries available it can fly immediately. Additional features include a higher payload, a built-in intelligent battery, H3-2D gimbal support and other functions.
- Customized H3-2D Gimbal Support:
A customized H3-2D gimbal, designed for easy assembly and connectionis available for the Phantom 2. Its stability ensures high quality footage and the camera’s pitch can be controlled from the transmitter, allowing pilots to be more creative.
- Can-bus Expansion Module for Function Expansion: Functions of the Phantom 2 can be expanded through its Can-bus module, which can be used for IOSDor 2.4 G Bluetooth Datalink.
- Easy upgrade to FPV: AV output and video-downlink power cables already installed, ready for upgrade.
- Precision Flight and Stable Hovering: Integrated GPS auto-pilot system offers position holding, altitude lock and stable hovering allows attention to be focused on shooting.
- 25min Flight Time & Intelligent Battery: High capacity, high performance 5200mAh intelligent Lithium Polymer battery offers up to 25 minutes of flight time, with battery capacity data, overcharge/discharge protection and maintenance reminders for greater reliability.
- Auto Return-to-Home & Landing: If the Phantom 2 and its controller disconnect during flight for any reason, the Naza-M autopilot system's failsafe protection will come to the rescue. Outputs of all command sticks on the controller will go to the center position and if the signal is good enough the Phantom 2 will return to home and land automatically. You can also program a One Key Go Home function through the Assistant software.
- Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC): In traditional multirotor flight, forward is tied to the direction of the nose. Using IOC, it flight is much simpler. In Course Lock mode, forward direction is will always be the direction the nose faced at takeoff, while in Home Lock mode forward takes the Phantom 2 back to where it took off. Users can adjust these settings as they please.
- Advanced Power Management: Power consumption has been improved by a custom power management system that monitors power capacity and voltage. Low power is indicated by the LED. If power drops below safe levels, the Phantom 2 will land automatically during low battery level.
- Easy Battery Replacement: Integrated battery compartment allows for near instant battery changes.
- Self-tightening Propeller : Install propellers without worry using self-tightening propellers that only install in the right place. These will also tighten during flight, enhancing safety. All propellers have been carefully and dynamically balanced to eliminate the jello effect.